Bar / Saloon, with rooms upstairs
The Fairview Hotel was built in 1923 by Bruno (Ben) Nauman, a German immigrant. Nauman lived in western Alaska before moving to Talkeetna. He took advantage of the Talkeetna land sales in 1919 and purchased several lots. The Fairview was built during prohibition and didn’t have a bar or saloon when it was built.
Nauman sold his hotel in 1939 to the Campbell and Durand families. They owned the hotel for only a year before selling to area resident Horace Nagley. There is a long list of owners since that time.
The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. It is also considered the heart of the Historic District.